Interview a leader in your organization or another organization.
Obtain a signed consent form from the interviewee.
Include the following questions in your interview. You must include the interviewee’s responses, citing the responses as a personal communication per the APA manual. You can add additional questions of your own if you choose.
- What can leaders do to inspire teams to perform at their best?
- What challenges do you face in maximizing team performance? What do you do to alleviate these challenges?
- What are the top 5 leadership skills for successfully building and leading teams?
- How do excellent leaders develop followership?
- What are some important decision-making strategies that leaders might use? Which of these strategies do you feel is most effective and why?
- What are some ethical concerns faced by leaders? How might you deal with these ethical concerns?
Write a 350- to 500-word synthesized discussion on team leadership based on this week’s readings and your interview.
Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed resources. You may use your textbook or the selected resources from the University Library. Do not limit yourself to the selected resources as the University Library has a wealth of peer-reviewed sources for your research.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines using the APA Paper Template.
Include APA-formatted in-text citations and a title page. Please look at examples of how to format a personal communication (for your direct quotes and paraphrases from the interview). Since personal communications are not published works, they should not be listed in the References.
Include your signed consent form as an appendix. Call Tech Support if you do not know how to paste this to your paper. You should have one document to upload (your paper with the consent form pasted on the page after the References).
Submit your paper.